- gps_logger has been completely rewritten.
- Added second USB camera option in motion_camera.sh (don't expect good performance).
- Updated the flash program.
- picam.py can write additional JPGs and video feed for streaming etc.
- Fixed the cleanup subroutine so it honours the 'usb_directory' variable.
- Added the home.sh script so files can be copied from the Pi to another location over WiFi.
- Changed recording file names to event#-sequence#_date
- Files can be copied from USB storage to the SD card automatically. Place them in a directory called scripts at the USB mount point and they will be moved to /root/scripts at startup.
- gps_logger GPS fix requirements are now much stricter.
- Added support for the UPS PIco.
- Fixed some minor bugs here and there.
- Included more things from the global.rc into the picam.py program. E.G. km/h or mp/h
- 'pivid_enabled' has been replaced by 'pi_camera_method' for using pivid, picam or nothing.
- Even more options added to the global.rc!
- Fixed GPS log files not rotating.
- Added a Python Pi camera (picam) or raspivid (pivid) option called 'camera_method'. Using picam allows GPS annotation to video. Needs Python3 (and a lot more polishing).
- Pivid recording time changed from milliseconds to seconds in global.rc
- Added GPS text annotation option 'motion_GPS_annotate' for motion video
- A few small changes and fixes here and there, nothing significant.
18th December 2014
- Modified all scripts to check for a global.rc in the 'main_directory/usb' and if found use any of these variables as a priority.
- Added 'usb_device' variable in global.rc so a user defined USB device can be set.
- Aligned some of the variables in the scripts and fixed a few minor bugs.
18th November 2014
- USB storage can have it's own global.rc file. If the '*_use_usb' variable is set to 'yes' in the main_directory/global.rc file and USB storage is found it will check the main_directory/usb for a global.rc file. If found, those variables will take priority.
17th October 2014
- Fixed issue with GPS reporting incorrect time.
24th August 2014
- Added 'over_temp' option so the Pi will shutdown gracefully if it gets too hot.
- Alternative main and log directories can now be defined.
- Added log rotation options for the GPS and status files. If they are not set to append then a user defined number of files will be kept instead.
- Fixed some incorrectly formatted expressions in the shell scripts.
22nd May 2014
- Changed *_disabled to *_enabled in global.rc. For example, pivid_disabled is now pivid_enabled.
- Added GPS_append_log and status_append_log option in global.rc. If set to "yes" new data is added to the end of the logfile. If set to "no" the last file is moved away to *.old and a new log file is created.
- Added log_directory option in the global.rc so a user specified location instead of /home/camera/logs can be used.
- Sending a SIGUSR1 to pwr_butt will shutdown the Pi (useful for an ignition sensing program).
- Avergage speed, distance and time is written to the gps_log.txt file.
- Fixed the writing of shutdown information to status.txt which was being terminated to early.